Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Whirlwind of a Week

So this past week has been my least favorite in a long while. Why you might ask? My car.

The adventure actually start this past Saturday. On Saturday I went to the temple and when I came back out, my car wouldn't start. It was really strange given that no light were on when I got in the car and also the engine would crank. So I went inside the temple and had one of the engineers come out with a jumping kit to see if that would work. When we get to my car, I get in to show him what the problem is. Luckily, the car started again and I didn't think another thing about. In fact, that whole weekend went by without another problem. I passed the whole thing off as a fluke.

Monday morning comes around. I wake up early to do my initial appointment at the plasma donation place. After getting there and finding out that I needed to come back later that day. So a bit disgruntled I get back in my car. And it doesn't start.

Now at this point I think the problem is going to be the same so I wait for about 20 minutes and it doesn't start again. After another half hour of unsuccessful hoping, I call the University car jumping service. That proves to be unsuccessful. So about 45 minutes after that, I call my cousin that owns a shop here in town to come take a look at it. Once he gets there I jump in the car to show him what is going wrong, and… it starts.

Later that afternoon I go back to the plasma place and finally donate plasma. I get back in my car and it doesn't work. So 2.5 hours and a push-start later, I am not having any luck. So I write "Broken Down" on a piece of paper, stripped the car of anything with value, and left it in the parking lot.

The next day I was able to get it over to my cousin's shop and do some diagnoses. The problem? The starter is busted. The result: a lot of wasted time and $93 out of my pocket. It has been a bummer of a week so far but other than that, life has been great. Heck, I am had a great week with my studies.

Moral of the story… I can't really think of one. It's been a test of character for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment